Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An Introduction to Justin Case

Well, what can I say???

After solving the Ghost of Capone case, things haven't exactly been busy. What's that? You've never heard of the Ghost of Capone? Don't worry... you will. That's what I get for hiring a ghostwriter through Craigslist. Memo to self: sack ghostwriter, see if Mike Tanner can finish the book.

Actually, it's so slow around here, I may just finish the book myself. For the past few weeks, I've been sitting either in my office in the Globe building on Tucker Boulevard in downtown St. Louis, or in my loft three blocks away on Washington Avenue. The phone hasn't been ringing heavily. It's been cold, which probably keeps a lot of people from doing the kind of stupid shit that I'd get hired for anyway...

I got a good fee for the Capone case, so it's not like I'm hurting for money... I'm really just struggling with boredom. As an adult ADHD sufferer, it doesn't take much for me to get bored.

As I was finishing the last sentance, the phone rang. Mike Tanner, my longtime friend and occasional assistant, called. He's bored, too. So, for now I'm closing the laptop, shutting off the lights, and going to meet Tanner at the Del Taco on Grand for a bite. More tomorrow, unless things pick up around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment